Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mid-Autumn Lowdown

Well, I'm a little over halfway through the semester and my life has been pretty crazy. 

Class is going well but keeps me busy. I have some important assignments/presentations due in the coming weeks, so I am a little stressed about them but am trying to work ahead to alleviate any last minute anxiety. I have definitely been learning a lot and am really expanding the knowledge I have for my field. 

Working in the lab has been going well. I recently met with my mentor to discuss ideas for my thesis project and am really excited for it and for the direction of our lab. I am currently working on some preliminary experiments to shape the direction of my project, as well as helping contribute to the already existing projects in our lab. 

My weekends have been much busier than I am used to as well - we have had a lot of different events to attend. We went to Disney and became Annual Passholders. It was a blast as usual. I made a last minute trip to the Midwest to visit Chris's parents, attend Homecoming/Alumni weekend, and to visit my parents and sister. We also were able to attend my good friends' wedding, which was really beautiful. Needless to say, I haven't had too much time to relax and have had to work hard to catch up and get reorganized. 

With all of the traveling and activities, it has been very difficult to keep up with eating right and exercising, but I am not becoming discouraged. I have lost 10 lbs since the beginning of August, and that keeps me motivated to keep going. Plus, I still have the Ride to Defeat ALS coming up! Chris has joined my team, so we will be riding 25 miles together on November 8 to raise money for this great cause. I would like to again thank all who have donated. I still need $50 to participate and Chris needs $80, so any additional support would be greatly appreciated! Our team website is http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Rides/Florida?team_id=310443&pg=team&fr_id=10501. There is also an option to donate by check if you do not feel comfortable making payments online. Please follow the directions on the website or contact me directly if you need assistance. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Our current bible study is fantastic. We are reading The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst and it has been amazing so far. We are exploring how to make the best decisions in our lives. Very eye-opening and very relevant. 

Besides a couple more busy weekends with Halloween parties and such, I will be kicking it into high gear for work and class until I get to take a break for Christmas. Knowing that I will get to spend time with my family gives me the motivation to work extra hard to accomplish my goals. Also, good news - my sister's flight is booked and she'll get to visit me too! I'm already looking forward to it. 

That's all I have for this update. I'll leave you with my current mantra, "You are confined only by the walls you build yourself." 

Thanks so much for your support! God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment