Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mid-semester Check-in

Things sure have been crazy around here lately. Just finished round two of three of exams. I can see the end! As usual, I have been crazy busy with classes but learning so much. I have been getting some hands-on experience in my lab as well which is really exciting. I can't wait until I'm done with classes and can just focus on my research! I will be discussing potential projects with my boss soon and am really looking forward to experiencing the whole process.

Although school takes up the majority of my time, I have done a lot of fun things in the past couple months.

I joined a young women's life group that meets every week and absolutely love it! We have some amazing discussions and really lift each other up.

I have been actively participating in our student organization including our Relay for Life team. We have been holding fundraisers and the event is only two weeks away! (If you are interested in donating to my personal page please go here: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=56887&pg=personal&px=35558130. Every dollar goes to cancer research and support! I'll be walking for my grandpa.) I've also been playing on our intramural soccer team and helping plan a lot of fun activities for current and potential colleagues.

I went to Disney! We made an adult trip with our friends from Chicago and had an amazing time! We met a lot of different characters, rode fun rides, and ate way too much food. We're really looking forward to going again in May.

We have also had visitors! We had a few friends from up north visit us for a fun night out and I visited my aunt and cousin in Tarpon Springs last weekend. It was so great catching up.

I've been getting back into running lately (slowly but surely) and ran my first 5k in quite a while last weekend - the Electrodash. It went much better than I expected and I was under my goal for time. I'm planning on running my next race in May.

As I mentioned before, I will be participating in Relay for Life in two weeks, I will be doing some community service this weekend that I am looking forward to, my cousin will be visiting over Easter weekend to celebrate our birthdays (so excited!) and then I'll be finishing up my second semester of graduate school!

Thanks for reading and for all of your support!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like life is treating you good - what goes around comes around - you deserve every single bit of it :) Love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete